Tuttle Week Four

Chapter Three: Getting to know the experience builder. In the experience builder you can essentially code without coding. This is so interesting because I am able to add data from a public database and make it engaging without having to necessarily pay a fortune. Widgets are also so interesting because it allows the map to be interactive. Tutorial Three: 3.1 was fairly easy until I got to add a picture. I do not possess that ability because I am working with the sketchy online version of the textbook. I moved on to 3.2 once I realized I was stuck. The rest of the tutorial was easy. I could get through it. The only difference is that the aesthetics were slightly off because of the lack of picture. It was really cool to be able to add all of the information about hurricanes and earthquakes.

Chapter Four: Mobile GIS is a very cool way to create a simple application and how to do it on the go. Like the tutorial said, we live in a post PC world. Getting to make editable layers and design projects is such a unique skill that I will have once I am done with this class. Tutorial Four: The start of chapter 4 tutorial was really fun and intuitive. Once we got deeper into the tutorial it got more confusing. I had a hard time following it to be honest. It did stick with me just how easy it was to collect that survey data. I wish it didn’t make me download the app. I think that is one downside is that if it’s on mobile there might have to be an app. Less people are likely to fill that out when against say a google form.