Allo Week 5

Chapter 6:
I loved learning how to make the live-updating dashboard. I didn’t know that something like this was possible. It’s very cool that the data will be updated on the stop. I am curious to know the other applications for something like this. I wonder if there are any other uses besides incident updates. I also believe that this is one of the easier tutorials to follow. I didn’t encounter many issues and moved through them fairly quickly. The only part where I struggled was with Arcade. While I appreciated that this was also a chance to get to learn how to use it, it wasn’t as straightforward as the rest of the tutorial. For example, I kept receiving error messages within the code and couldn’t find a solution after troubleshooting. I had to skip over the Arcade portion completely due to all the error messages. The time-enabled feature layer was also something interesting to create. It’s another way to add more detail to what you are working on. Each tutorial shows me more possibilities.

Ideas:
After completing the tutorial I wanted to think more about other potential applications of the dashboards. I specifically was thinking about environmental applications. One that I thought of was a dashboard that tracks flooding or extreme weather. In regards to my other ideas I have had for the final project, I think I could use the dashboards to track foot traffic at certain grocery stores.