English Minor Bucket List: Faith Wogan (’20)

1. Take a writing class with a workshop. It’s nice to read others’ work and have your own work reviewed by others so you can make it better.                                                                                                                 

2. Try different writing genres. I’m a fiction writer, but I was surprised at how interesting I found it when I took writing classes that weren’t in fiction and I got to broaden my horizons and develop more styles, so I don’t feel so boxed into one category.                                                                                                                                                  

3. Take your work to the Writing Center. Not only can you get someone to review it for things like grammar, but they will help to make sure that your work makes sense when you’ve lost all perspective on it!                             

4. Create your own blog. You can get your work out to people in a different way and talk about your interests with others outside of the classroom or dorm.                                                                                                  

5. Take courses outside of the English Department, even if you don’t have to anymore. We’re all happy when we finish our Gen Ed requirements, but you can get new ideas for stories or characters from Sociology or Psychology or History classes that wouldn’t occur to you if you only study literature.