Before completing the camp application, we recommend a review of the descriptions and expectations for all ensemble and elective activities in the Ensembles & Electives section of the camp website. Providing a camp experience tailored to your child’s music interests takes a little extra study time, but it’s totally worth it.
Only a parent or guardian may complete this form. However, it will be helpful to have your child with you to indicate their preferences. This application takes at about 5-10 minutes to complete.
READ FIRST BEFORE STARTING AN APPLICATION!
1. Have the full name and email of your child’s band, choir, or orchestra director. Shortly after you complete the application, the music teacher will be invited to serve as a reference for your child at music camp.
2. Review the “Ensembles & Electives” section of the OWU SMC website and keep it open to guide your ensemble/elective choices.
3. Review the Behavior Expectations, Anti-Bullying Policy, and Payment Obligations.
4. Be prepared to describe any medical, dietary, or special needs your child has.
If you realize after submitting an application that you entered information incorrectly, you may edit your response by clicking the “Edit Response” option in your confirmation email.
Detailed instructions for overnight campers will arrive during the first week of June. Overnight campers will be placed in double, triple, or quad rooms with students of similar age and gender. If you would like to request a room with another camper, please write their name(s) here. If you have specific questions/concerns about rooming, please indicate this in the final question of the form.
Finally, we wish we could offer a spot to everyone who applies, but if an enrollment cap is already met for a requested ensemble, applicants will be placed on a wait list in chronological order. Some small elective ensembles may have additional requirements too (prior experience, or pre-audition). An acceptance or waitlist email will arrive within 2 weeks of your application with further instructions about the activities and ensembles you’ve selected.
Parents will submit the email of their music teacher for reference purposes. Once the application is submitted online, teachers will receive an email from the OWU Summer Music Camp with your student’s name, grade, instrument or voice type, ensemble selection and elective options. We will ask you to verify all the information and to confirm that the student is a viable candidate for music camp.
The camp office will review all applications and music teacher references. Parents will be notified by email within 2 weeks of submitting their application with one of these options:
- ACCEPTED – We’ll email you a confirmed list of all selected camp activities along with a link to our online payment portal. A minimum $50 non-refundable deposit is due within one week of your acceptance email to hold your child’s spot at camp. Payment by check is allowed, but this may delay the enrollment confirmation process. You may pay your full camp fee at any time after receiving the acceptance email. All camp fees must be paid by June 2, 2023.
- WAIT LIST – If the large ensemble you selected has already filled to capacity, your child’s name will be placed chronologically on a waiting list. We’ll let you know as soon as any spots open up.
- ON HOLD – We have some questions about your application. Please call the Summer Music Camp office at 740-368-3721 or email us at MusicCamp@owu.edu as soon as possible.
If your application is accepted, you may still cancel your registration for Summer Music Camp and receive a refund – less a $50 non-refundable deposit – if the request is made two weeks prior to the start of camp. No money will be refunded after the two-week deadline. Students arriving late for camp or leaving early are not eligible for a refund of any amount. Camp membership is not transferable.
Families with Multiple Children
Parents sending multiple children to camp may receive a $50 discount per additional child. For example, a parent with an 8th grader in Junior Chorus and a 10th grader in Senior Band would have a total family cost of $650 if there are no other discounts ($350 + $350 – $50 = $650).
OWU employees receive a $50 discount per child.
The OWU Summer Music Camp scholarship fund is for students who would be unable to attend camp without additional financial assistance. A limited number of partial scholarships are awarded based on financial need for camp fees (not for travel expenses or equipment).
All eligible applicants who apply by the April 1, 2023 will be considered by the scholarship committee for a 50% discount from their total camp fee. Scholarship award notifications will be sent out via email by April 15, 2023
The initial $50 non-refundable deposit is due upon notification of acceptance after your application is submitted.
Use these online payment links for your camp fees.
- Camp Deposit: $50
- Remaining Camp Fees: (use this link to enter a unique amount for your total remaining camp fees). Fees may differ for some based on discounts, scholarships, or multiple private lessons.
Pay By Check
If paying by check, please make out to “OWU Summer Music Camp”, include a note indicating the name of the camper your payment is for, and mail to:
Attn: Rich Edwards, Camp Director
OWU Summer Music Camp
61 S. Sandusky St.
Delaware, OH 43015
The balance of all fees must be paid on or before June 2, 2023.