Camp Registration is OPEN!
Before completing the camp application, we recommend that families review the descriptions and experience expectations for all ensemble and elective activities in the Ensembles & Electives section of the camp website. Providing a camp experience tailored to your child’s music interests takes a little extra study time, but it’s totally worth it.
NOTE: If you realize after submitting an application that you entered information incorrectly, you may edit your response by clicking the “Edit Response” option in your confirmation email.
Early Scholarship Application Due Date: March 2, 2020
Final Scholarship Application Due Date: April 3, 2020
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION DUE DATE: April 3, 2020 ($25 Discount)
CAMP REGISTRATION ENDS: June 5, 2020
FINAL PAYMENT DEADLINE: June 8, 2020.
Parents, before you begin the camp application, please be ready to provide the following information about your child:
- Parent/Guardian and child contact information
- Instrument or voice type
- Name of school and student’s last completed grade as of July 1, 2020
- Name and email of student’s music teacher
- List student’s music honors (optional)
- Choice of large ensemble
- Preferences for elective activities
- Private lessons request (optional)
- Recreation Time activity interests
- T-shirt size selection (adult or youth sizes)
- Overnight or Day Camp option
- Overnight camp is available to students who have completed grade 6-12. If you choose the overnight option, housing assignments will be based on same gender and similar age campers. If we reach maximum enrollment, then middle school students will reside in Stuyvesant Hall and high school students will reside in OWU’s Small Living Unit houses.
- Day camp is available to students who have completed grade 5-12. If you choose the day camper option, please note that the normal day camp schedule runs from 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM to allow all campers a shared experience. However, if your family schedule requires a day camper to leave early, the minimum expected schedule is 8:15 AM – 3:30 PM, but this would miss out on rec time, dinner, and the daily All Camp Gathering Music Event.
- Scholarship Request (if applicable)
- Indicate any discounts you plan to receive (e.g., OWU employees, multiple children)
- Accept parental obligations
The camp office will review all applications and music teacher references. Parents will be notified by email within 1-2 weeks of submitting their application with one of these options:
- ACCEPTED – We’ll email you a confirmed list of all selected camp activities along with a link to our secure online payment portal. A minimum $50 non-refundable deposit is due within one week of your acceptance email to hold your child’s spot at camp. Payment by check is allowed, but this may delay the enrollment confirmation process. You may pay your full camp fee at any time after receiving the acceptance email. All camp fees must be paid by June 8, 2020.
- WAIT LIST – If the large ensemble you selected has already filled to capacity, your child’s name will be placed chronologically on a waiting list. We’ll let you know as soon as any spots open up.
- ON HOLD – We have some questions about your application. Please call the Summer Music Camp office at 740-368-3721 or email us at MusicCamp@owu.edu as soon as possible.
If your application is accepted, you may still cancel your registration for Summer Music Camp and receive a refund – less a $50 non-refundable deposit – if the request is made two weeks prior to the start of camp. No money will be refunded after the two-week deadline. Students arriving late for camp or leaving early are not eligible for a refund of any amount. Camp membership is not transferable.
The parents or guardians for all campers are required to complete the following forms prior to the start of camp.
These documents do not require a doctor’s signature or a physical exam. They do require the signature of a parent or guardian. Please print these out, complete, and bring all signed original documents with you to the check-in table when you check in to camp on the first day.
Parents will submit the email of their music teacher for reference purposes. Once the application is submitted online, teachers will receive an email from the OWU Summer Music Camp with your student’s name, grade, instrument or voice type, ensemble selection and elective options. We will ask you to verify all the information and to confirm that the student is a viable candidate for music camp.
Families with Multiple Children
Parents sending multiple children to camp may receive a $50 discount per additional child. For example, a parent with an overnight 8th grader in Junior Chorus and an overnight 10th grader in Senior Band would have a total family cost of $950 if they apply before April 3, 2020 with early bird registration ($500 + $500 – $50 = $950).
OWU employees receive a $50 discount per child.
The OWU Summer Music Camp scholarship fund is intended for students interested in expanding their music skills who would be unable to attend camp without financial assistance. Scholarships are only awarded based on financial need to be applied to camp fees only (not for travel expenses or equipment). All eligible applicants who apply by the March 2, 2020 deadline will be considered.
Early Scholarship Application Due Date: March 2, 2020.
All early scholarship applicants will be notified by March 16, 2020.
Final Scholarship Application Due Date: April 3, 2020.
All final scholarship applicants will be notified by April 17, 2020.
Scholarship funds are generated by private donations and silent auctions held at the OWU Middle School Band Festival and the OWU High School Band Festival. All silent auction items are generously provided by our downtown Delaware sponsors.
Additionally, students are encouraged to research grant and scholarship programs provided by their local governments, charitable organizations, banks, church groups, and school groups, as well as artistic and educational foundations to help supplement the cost of their tuition.
Please Support A Musical Child In Need!
Every contribution makes a difference! If you would like to make a donation to help children increase their access to the OWU Summer Music Camp, you can pay online or make out a check to “OWU Summer Music Camp Scholarship Fund” and mail it to
Attn: Rich Edwards, Director
OWU Summer Music Camp Scholarship Fund
61 S. Sandusky St.
Delaware, OH 43015
If you have questions about our scholarship fund or if you’d like to provide an item for one of our silent auctions, please contact MusicCamp@owu.edu.
Use OWU’s secure online payment portal to make an initial $50 non-refundable deposit when you submit your camp application. The full camp fee may be paid after notification of acceptance is sent out, but no later than June 8, 2020.
OVERNIGHT CAMP PACKAGE: $525*
6 days, 5 nights, 15 meals, dormitory room, expert instruction, evening snack, recreation, and health care. Report for check-in on July 5, 2020 at 6 PM.
DAY CAMP PACKAGE: $325*
5 days, 10 meals, expert instruction, health care, and recreation. Daily check-in begins July 6, 2020 at 7:45 – 8:15 AM. Daily check-out is at 8:00 PM. If your family schedule needs a day camper to leave early, the minimum expected day camp schedule is 8:15 AM – 3:30 PM, but this would miss out on rec time, dinner, and the evening All Camp Gathering Music Share.
*Early bird registration = $25 discount if application is submitted by April 3, 2020.
Pay By Check
Please make out a check to “OWU Summer Music Camp” and mail it to:
Attn: Rich Edwards, Director
OWU Summer Music Camp
61 S. Sandusky St.
Delaware, OH 43015
The balance of all fees must be paid on or before June 8, 2020.