What We’re Into: “Storytime,” Seth Rogen’s new podcast

Personally, I’m a die-hard Seth Rogen fan—I love everything he makes from Superbad to pottery, so when I first heard he was coming out with a podcast, I knew I was going to listen to it no matter what. I probably would have loved it even if it was a “typical comedian-hosted chat show,” which the podcast’s description adamantly refuses it is. The concept is simple: Seth asks someone he knows—famous or otherwise— “Do you have a great story? And if you do, will you tell it on my podcast?” Instead of the usual interview style that would be expected, though, the podcast is edited like the titular “story time”—whoever Seth asked tells us their story as he chips in as a narrator and guides us through supporting interviews, archival tapes, and audio memories that make each episode feel like a dynamic and original audio documentary. Borrowing from the perfectly worded podcast’s description, “Storytime starts with Seth’s curiosity about people and the world, and always ends up in an unexpected place.” It’s nothing like a witty interview, and it borrows its host artistic vision, creativity, and charm, making for an ever-delightful listening experience.