- McNally 7-8 Honor Band: University Hall (#46 on the OWU campus map). 61 S. Sandusky St., Delaware, OH 43015
- Jones 7-8 Honor Band: Hamilton-Williams Campus Center (#36 on the OWU campus map). 40 Rowland Avenue, Delaware, OH 43015
You can double-check your student’s ensemble in the Band Festival Roster.
The middle school student nomination period has closed. Band Directors may still register for the Band Director Boot Camp here.
Band directors and individual student applicants will be notified of acceptance by Monday, December 2, 2019.
$35 participant fee covers all activities including lunch and a commemorative t-shirt. Payments for individual students or all students from one school can be paid online or mailed by check:
- Pay by credit card
- Payments by check should be made out to “OWU Music Festivals”. Please mail checks to:
ATTN: Rich Edwards, Director
OWU MS Honor Band Festival
Ohio Wesleyan University
61 S. Sandusky St.
Delaware, OH 43015
All participant fees are due by Friday, December 20, 2019.
Dress for the concert is whatever your school band wears for concert performances. For some, this may be band uniforms, for others, concert black or Sunday dress. If more than one person is attending the festival from your school, please make sure you confer with them about their attire so that there is uniformity from school to school.
Students will be supervised throughout the event from check-in to concert. We’re asking for parents and teachers to be on hand at 5:00 PM to take their child to dinner before returning to Gray Chapel in concert attire by 6:30 p.m.
Or, for an additional small fee we can provide dinner for your child on site.
Parents, family members, and band directors are welcome to attend any of the festival sessions throughout the day.
Accepted students are expected to attend all scheduled activities. Festival participants have been specially selected based on their musicianship, effort, and positive attitude. Any unannounced no-shows would compromise the integrity of the clinic and reflect poorly on you, your band, and your school.
Driving Directions & Campus Map
The festival concert will include music selected from the following works for each ensemble.
McNally 7-8 Honor Band:
- Ancient Flower — Yukiko Nishimura
- Woven — Nicole Piunno
- Sunchaser — Carol Britten Chambers
- Devil’s Workshop — Kimberly Archer
- The Golden Thirteen – Timothy Loest
- The Red Balloon – Anne McGinty
Jones 7-8 Honor Band:
- Dance of the Tumblers — Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov (arr. by Curnow)
- The Walkup — Jennifer Jolley
- Medieval Legend — Michael Story
- Jam! — Sean O’Loughlin
- Fanfare & Fireworks — Brian Balmages
Assigned parts have been shared with students and directors in advance so they can begin practicing now to maximize our rehearsal time on January 18. Please refer to the recordings in the hyperlinks above as a listening guide.