Dancing for Change returns to the internet airwaves with the re-launch of OWU Radio ◊ The Line, and I’m glad to be back!
Our re-entry show is all about human speech. It is something that separates us from other species on the planet, (although they communicate in their own ways,) and has allowed us to do amazing things together. And it’s when our dialogues and conversations break down that we wind up in trouble. So here’s a set to honor keeping in touch!
- Pink Floyd, Speak to Me, from Dark Side of the Moon, 1973
- Pink Floyd, Keep Talking, from The Division Bell, 1994
- The Band, We Can Talk, from Music from Big Pink (Remastered), 1968
- Michael Franti & Spearhead, Speaking of Tongues, from Stay Human, 2001
- Matisyahu, Tell Me, from Undercurrent, 2017
- Yolanda Be Cool & Dcup, We No Speak Americano, from the single, 2010
- Kesha, Let ‘Em Talk (featuring Eagles of Death Metal), from Rainbow, 2017
- George Michael, Careless Whisper, from Careless Whisper, 1984
- Will Hoge, Thoughts and Prayers, from My American Dream, 2018
- Talib Kweli, Keynote Speaker featuring Dave Chappelle, from Quality, 2002
- Janiva Magness, Tell Me, from Love is an Army, 2018
- Pink Floyd, Louder than Words, from The Endless River, 2014
I slipped three songs from my favorite band in there, as they’ve certainly contemplated the nature of human life, particularly empathy, and remind us, “Don’t be afraid to care.” Indeed, all we need to do is make sure we keep talking.